Service & Infrastructure Engineer
Service & Infrastructure Engineer
Harvey Nash are working with a digital start-up bank who aim to move away from the "transactional model" applied by traditional banks by utilising next-gen technologies and tools to better serve their customers via a smart money management platform. They are looking to recruit a Service & Infrastructure Engineer to be based out of Cork – as they build, launch and expand the company across a number of global markets.
As the Infrastructure Engineer, you will work with both internal and external teams to help setup / design a secure infrastructure, which will be primarily cloud-based, to allow the company’s people to do their jobs securely and focus on the delivery of great product / services.
Some of your key responsibilities will include:
- Aid in the set-up and design of a secure infrastructure – managing third party vendors and teams, ordering suitable hardware & kit, configuration & administrative tasks, user setup and support etc.
- Explore ways of improving processes and procedures to support the businesses infrastructure
- Assist with the security / technology roadmap development with the Head of Technology.
- Stakeholder management / lead project workstream deliverables – engaging with third party partners and suppliers to ensure delivery, maintain relationships and monitor performance.
- Provide troubleshooting support and efficiently handle the requests and incidents which enter the ticketing system
- Contribute to the creation of technical working documents and procedures
- Liaise with the compliance & risks team to assist with audits, ISO compliance & evidence gathering
- Support and maintain cloud deployments & provide out-of-hour support when required.
The ideal candidate will have a combination of the below technical skills:
- Proven experience working / supporting IT infrastructure in the financial services sector – banking, investments, trading, insurance, FinTech etc.
- Strong background and understanding of Networking – with a key focus on physical networking technologies such as VLANS, Firewalls, Switches etc.
- Experience building, maintaining and supporting cloud-based infrastructure
- Solid experience in maintaining Microsoft Office 365 deployments (SharePoint, Teams, Office, Enterprise Security, MDM, MAM)
- Experience with authentication and single sign-on tools (Azure AD)
- Solid experience in trouble shooting problems across various devices (Mac, Windows, Linux)
- Understanding of JAMF Pro (Apple Management and Deployment System) and working experience of DEP & VPP (Apple Business Manager)
- Solid understanding of ITIL and an awareness for IT Security best practices and cyber-security technologies (Burpsuite, QRadar, SIEM Services, IAM Services) would be advantageous.
- Natural believer in Agile Development and familiar with agile delivery
- Appreciation for a fast-moving startup culture with a willingness to travel, if required, to meet suppliers and partners throughout EU and US
In addition to a competitive salary and benefits package, you will work in a highly visible role for a fast growing start-up with excellent future career prospects.
If you are interested in this role or want to learn more, you can contact Aaron for a confidential chat at 01 674 1415 or apply directly.