Senior Risk Manager
Senior Risk Manager
Role: Senior Risk Manager
Department: Second Line Risk
Location: Dublin City Centre
Reports To: Chief Risk Officer/Head of Risk, Ireland
There are a number of Corporate entities based in Ireland, and the Senior Risk Manager Ireland role will have responsibility for supporting the Chief Risk Officer/Head of Risk Ireland, as part of the second line risk function, for oversight and application of the risk framework.
The individual will support and manage the execution of risk oversight in the Ireland office, providing proactive risk management challenge, governance oversight and supporting risk reporting to the Board level risk committees and risk forums for the Asset Management business.
The role will work closely with the Group of Risk and other oversight functions across the business (Ireland, UK, and Europe) and the first line risk function. The role will interact across a matrix of senior management, risk function activities and locations, business areas and other business support functions.
- Oversee the application of the risk framework for the business in Ireland. This includes assisting the roll out and maintenance of the Risk Framework for local entities, ensuring compliance with relevant local requirements and the global risk framework, and manage oversight and the application of specific risk policies.
- Take the lead for working with senior management, heads of functions and risk champions in the Asset Management business. Lead efforts to identify, analyse, and assess proposals for newly identified risks within the business, including new and change programs, projects and services and products. This will include managing and maintaining a relationship with wider management and the global risk management team.
- Play a key role in defining and embedding a culture of risk awareness locally, while ensuring the Group framework is applied and implemented.
- Provide risk support to assigned projects, including new business and change initiatives.
- Provide risk management advice and risk-related training to individuals and groups of staff as required in the business.
- Undertake risk assurance reviews in line with business requirements, and review management risk and control reviews.
Experience and Qualifications Required:
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate with internal functions and management at all levels.
- Stakeholder management skills with the ability and willingness to both independently challenge and assist the business.
- Willingness to offer a differing opinion, challenge both management and existing processes, procedures and activities.
- Ability to work effectively both as a team member, independently and in a cross functional international business.
- The individual will ideally be familiar with or have experience of local regulatory requirements and governance requirements for either a life insurance business, mutual funds unit linked business, or a regulated financial institution or investment management business.
- Good analytical and problem solving skills with a hands-on problem solution mentality.
- Dedicated to maintaining high quality standards and client satisfaction.
- Operational and/or financial risk experience.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent