Production Support Engineer
Production Support Engineer
Harvey Nash are working with a Global Fintech to recruit a Production Support Engineer to join a growing Operations and Support team based out of Kerry (flexible working arrangements available).
As a Production Support Engineer, you will be responsible for providing world-class services and support to the company’s production infrastructure. This can involve anything from providing client support to aiding the service delivery teams on key projects to deliver upgrades, configure environment, or advise, test, deliver and implement production changes.
Some of the Key Responsibilities:
- Supporting our transactional processing and switch processing production and lower environments when required.
- Monitor daily job schedules and ensure all processes run successfully and services are available.
- Perform client support duties including query answering and technical support.
- Provide clear and frequent communication to internal and external customers on incidents and progress on priority requests using multiple communication tools.
- Work on own initiative ensuring tickets are prioritised accordingly to reflect the significance of the request and are responded to accordingly.
- Escalating tickets as required to senior team members or directly to 3rd level support where required.
- Support integration testing with external parties.
- Be active in Knowledge sharing.
- Promote and maintain good relationships with Fexco customers and partner organisations.
Ideal candidate will have a combination of the below skills:
- IT Graduate Degree, Masters, or other relevant qualification(s) / equivalent experience considered
- Proven experience working in an IT, application, or operational support role troubleshooting and supporting live production environments.
- Database experience specifically Oracle SQL, MySQL, or PostgreSQL
- Basic knowledge of networking, firewalls, system administration, and application / software support.
Bonus points if you can demonstrate any knowledge of some or all of the following:
- Knowledge of the financial services/technology and/or innovation sector would be a plus.
- Experience supporting/configuring Cloud environments (GCP, AWS) would be hugely advantageous but not essential.
- Knowledge of Stonebranch Universal Controller (Opswise).
- Experience with any Monitoring tools such as Nagios/OP5/Stackdriver/Splunk etc. would be welcomed.
In addition to a competitive salary and benefits package, you will work gain the chance to further develop and progress your career as you learn from more senior engineers to support the company’s key clients and services.
If you are interested in this position or want to learn more, you can contact Aaron for a confidential chat at 01 674 1415 or apply directly.