Product Owner - IT
Product Owner - IT
Role: Product Owner
Exciting permanent opportunity with a growing IT Platform solutions company based in Ireland with offices worldwide. They create bespoke open finance solutions for Trade Finance industry.
The Product Owner is a key member of a Cross Functional team (XF) and will focus on specific modules and core services of the platform. You will have responsibility for definition, prioritisation and delivery of all feature requirements for your module(s) and associated platform services. The Product Owner role is a broad role interacting with all sections of the business, development, partners and customers in order to deliver a world class product.
- Define scope, requirements, and backlog items (epic/features/user stories) that are used by development teams to deliver production software in line with our roadmap
- Own and facilitate the refinement of requirements into epics and user stories for the XF development teams to implement including collaborating with the XF team leads, architects, designers, and product managers.
- Support XF teams during the development iterations by providing clarifications, adjustment to risks, changes in scope, reprioritizing and approval of “done” stories and features and providing demos to internal and external stakeholders.
- Triage bugs and feature requests
- Assist in planning sprints and releases
- Create and maintain the product backlog, including prioritising stories to be included in the future release cycles.
- Participate in on site client workshops, providing walkthrough of product features including live demos and product backlog insight.
- Asses value, develop cases, and prioritize stories, epics and themes to ensure work focuses on those with a maximum value that are aligned with product strategy.
- Work closely with product management and senior management in order to create a product that fits the company portfolio.
Skills and Experience
- A Bachelor’s degree, ideally in but not limited to Business, IT or Engineering
- 7+ years’ experience delivering successful software products or projects.
- 7+ years’ hands-on experience as a product owner in an agile environment responsible for enterprises software delivery.
- Strong preference for proven experience in trade finance, supply chain finance, transaction banking, payments, and/or other related sectors in financial services
- Evidence of previous requirements management in the software innovation space.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work well in a collaborative environment
- Professional approach when dealing with all project stakeholders.
- A firm understanding and curiosity about technology and solution trends.
- Excellent negotiation & influencing abilities.