Product Owner - Fintech
Product Owner - Fintech
Role: Product Owner
Department: Product & Technology
Location: Cork (flexibility with WFH)
Our client a growing Fintech Start-up business are seeking to hire within their Product & Technology function as part of their expansion across their global offices. This business are releasing a number of bespoke digital banking products over the coming months and we are looking for motivated and hands-on Product Owners who are ready for a challenge to support their rapid growth!
The Product Owners will take ownership of a number of products over time, building a team of Product Analysts along the way. They will work closely with the Product Designers & tech teams to ensure efficient and quality delivery of projects. You will be accountable and have a very customer centric approach in everything you do to offer the best user experience through the digital banking solutions.
- Manage the product lifecycle - you maintain and iterate a product over time, using metrics to make sure it continuously meets the goals you have set, meets the user needs and works effectively
- Communicate and frame customer problems clearly for the team, including writing user stories
- Manage product backlogs - you will create the list of backlog items and prioritise them based on the overall strategy and business objectives
- Set the product vision - engage with teams and stakeholders, building relationships to set and develop the product vision
- Develop product strategy - manage the product roadmap and prioritise the product backlog to maximise value
- Own the product - you will define the MVP and work with your team to agree what is next for release, acting as product champion and communicating progress to the wider business
- Be user focused - you will act as the voice of the business and the users, telling their story during development and iterations of the service
Skills & Experience:
- Financial services background with experience working with banking & payment system projects. Digital banking an advantage!
- In depth knowledge and understanding of the regulatory requirements associated with banking & payments in a financial environment.
- Experience combining quantitative customer data, customer interviews and research to inform decisions to help products and services excel.
- Strong communication skills, with ability to influence and tailor communications to various audiences.
- Decisiveness and leadership traits – important to drive forward and push back on decisions when required. Managing multiple internal / external stakeholders cross functionally.
- Agile background
- Experience working with clients and customers, gaining feedback to improve experience with systems.
- Ability to manage multiple projects to tight and often changing deadlines from end-end.